Picture of Guru Granth Sahib by Sikhnet

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
Bharat Vir Singh
Active Forum User

Picture of Guru Granth Sahib by Sikhnet

Post by Bharat Vir Singh »

Dear Sangat ji,
I was shocked to see the picture of a mere opened book in the header of an email about SGGS celebrations sent to me.
The following is my response:

"Thankyou for your information,but the picture of Guru Granth Sahib lying 'naked' without Rumalas as featured in the header of your email is most insulting and unacceptable.As always,Sikhnet is ignorant of proper and accepted protocol in depicting the saroop of Gur Granth Sahib,even if it is just a picture in the media.Sikhnet staffs' callous ignorance of Sikh Maryada frequently leads to such stupid and sacrilegeous slip-ups which hurt the religious sentiments and feelings of Sikhs,because these casual white Sikhs treat the Holy Guru Granth Sahib as merely a 'book'.Be honest and ask yourselves,have you ever ever seen a beerh of SGGS just lying bare naked without ceremonious Rumale?If you have,then that is sacrilege and should be condemned.

Secondly,the "Sikh Dharma" you talk about so highly is all fake and devoted to White Tantric Yoga.Just go to the website and see it for yourself.

Instead of beating their own separate path,Sikhnet white Sikhs should align with mainstream Sikhi and follow Sikh Maryada.Only then they can be called Sikhs.Otherwise they are simply an offshoot and a cult.

~BV Singh"

May I add that only true practising Sikhs can understand the love and devotion with which we drape and clothe the beerh of SGGS everywhere in public and even privately in our homes.Any neglect is blasphemous and therefore unacceptable.
Karan Deep Sagri
Active Forum User

Re: Picture of Guru Granth Sahib by Sikhnet

Post by Karan Deep Sagri »

Dear Bharat Vir Sighji,

This is a very stern post, and I am sure you mean well. But is it possible for someone to make a mistake and then remedy it.

Did you inform the Sikhnet administrators and have they accepted your view or have they sent you a post refuting the changes you ask for.

If one errs and then accepts its mistake, then I do not think we should judge so harshly. If like certain sects they do not change, then for sure their intentions are suspect.

The American Sikhs belonging to Yogi ji's ashram, called 3H are mostly first generation Sikhs, and as I have seen a lot of them when on the path of Sikhi although having been initiated by this group tend to charter their own path and follow the maryada of the so called 'mainstream Sikhi'

Bharat Vir Singh wrote:Dear Sangat ji,
I was shocked to see the picture of a mere opened book in the header of an email about SGGS celebrations sent to me.
The following is my response:

"Thankyou for your information,but the picture of Guru Granth Sahib lying 'naked' without Rumalas as featured in the header of your email is most insulting and unacceptable.As always,Sikhnet is ignorant of proper and accepted protocol in depicting the saroop of Gur Granth Sahib,even if it is just a picture in the media.Sikhnet staffs' callous ignorance of Sikh Maryada frequently leads to such stupid and sacrilegeous slip-ups which hurt the religious sentiments and feelings of Sikhs,because these casual white Sikhs treat the Holy Guru Granth Sahib as merely a 'book'.Be honest and ask yourselves,have you ever ever seen a beerh of SGGS just lying bare naked without ceremonious Rumale?If you have,then that is sacrilege and should be condemned.

Secondly,the "Sikh Dharma" you talk about so highly is all fake and devoted to White Tantric Yoga.Just go to the website and see it for yourself.

Instead of beating their own separate path,Sikhnet white Sikhs should align with mainstream Sikhi and follow Sikh Maryada.Only then they can be called Sikhs.Otherwise they are simply an offshoot and a cult.

~BV Singh"

May I add that only true practising Sikhs can understand the love and devotion with which we drape and clothe the beerh of SGGS everywhere in public and even privately in our homes.Any neglect is blasphemous and therefore unacceptable.
ਕਰਨ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ
Bharat Vir Singh
Active Forum User

Karan Deep Sagri ji, Sat Sri Akal!

Thankyou for your post.I know you mean well and have only suggested me to be cautious.But I also mean well in my message which may look stern but is only frank,honest and straightforward.I don't care if they are white or black,but they should not be unsikh on a said-to-be-Sikh website and even offline.

I have already sent off a response to Sikhnet,but as usual,they never reply.They don't like any crticism of their ways,even if the comment is constructive.If you remember there was recently a news item about white tantrik yoga being practiced by white americans on summer solstice day with pictures of men and women with white turbans and dress(apparently they were white american sikhs)sitting in rows facing each other and touching hands with fingers in mudra position.Now this was presented to us as 'naam simran'!Now I ask what kind of simran is that?And that too on a special solstice day which means they were worshipping the sun's peak position in the sky on the Longest Day of the year?Is that not completely unSikh?It is more like cult-behaviour than Sikhi.
When I commented on that,I was immediately rebuked by one 'Prabhu Singh Khalsa' who called me dogmatic,small-minded and falsely accused me of commenting against 'sri singh sahib'.You can see that is their highhanded response when you criticise them.They are not saint-soldiers even though they arrogantly take the suffix of 'Khalsa'.They are loath to any constructive criticism and are more hankaari than dera babas.Tell me what connection has 'white tantrik yoga' got with Sikhism?And then they call themselves sikhs.It's a shame.I can really see these people becoming a threat to mainstream Sikhi in the not-to-distant future if we don't check them here and now.It is pity that many of our young as well as old Sikhs are crazy about these people without caring about their unSikh activities.We will have to pay a heavy price for turning a blind eye.I do appreciate their good points like outward Bana and sweet Kirtan(although they make a bad mix of Patanjali mantras and Gurbani!) but one cannot ignore their bad practices which are totally anti-Sikhi.

I hope you would see my viewpoint and appreciate the need to be alert and vigilant.
SmartSikher
Active Forum User

Post by SmartSikher »

Bharat Vir, this is the pot calling the kettle black. Are you saying that Punjabi Sikhs are less dogmatic then white Sikhs? And how is doing simran (or yoga) on Summer Soltice ANY different then how sangat pours into Gurdwara on Poor-namashi?!?! Clean your own kitchen before you comment on your neighbour's backyard.
Bharat Vir Singh
Active Forum User

Dear Smartsikher,
Thanks for your message,but two wrongs don't make a right.i.e.if both white and Punjabi sikhs are doing wrong things,it doesn't make the bad practice right.I condemn anyone who does unSikh practices because my Guru condemns it.Period.
Last edited by Moderator 1 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rude content.
SmartSikher
Active Forum User

Post by SmartSikher »

You still fail to answer my question, why are you spending all this time fighting these 'white' Sikhs when our Punjabi youth/Gurdwara committees are in such disarray, surely a man of such brilliant vision such as yourself can right the ship at home rather then worry about this "offshoot cult who dare call themselves Sikh" right?
hsrai
New User

Post by hsrai »

If I am not wrong, you are the same person who is defending India all the time in your posts. The same India which killed more Sikhs then British and moguls combined, and India still has not returned the books which they took from the Golden temple in 1984. Guess what, some of those are very sacred books, and I am sure India is not providing romalas on them, so your time will be spent much better trying to get Sikh books back from your beloved India. Whatever problems so called “white Sikhs” might have (btw I don’t see any problems), is nothing compared to Sikh India apologists. I know it’s going to sound harsh but it is the truth.
Karan Deep Sagri
Active Forum User

Dear Bharat Veerji,

Sat Sri Akal

Please click on this link and tell me if this is the photograph being objected to. http://www.sikhnet.com/pages/introduction-sikhism

Fateh
Bharat Vir Singh wrote:Karan Deep Sagri ji, Sat Sri Akal!

Thankyou for your post.I know you mean well and have only suggested me to be cautious.But I also mean well in my message which may look stern but is only frank,honest and straightforward.I don't care if they are white or black,but they should not be unsikh on a said-to-be-Sikh website and even offline.

<snip>
I hope you would see my viewpoint and appreciate the need to be alert and vigilant.
ਕਰਨ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ
Karan Deep Sagri
Active Forum User

Dear SmartSikher,

We need to be smart on these things, and Bharat Veer Ji is a very old and respected member of this forum, so can we please not get upset with each other but try to see the seriousness of the point being discussed.

To make others aware of the follies being committed in the name of Sikhi must be ascertained and if there is truth then we must try that amends are made. I hope you agree.

Fateh
SmartSikher wrote:You still fail to answer my question, why are you spending all this time fighting these 'white' Sikhs when our Punjabi youth/Gurdwara committees are in such disarray, surely a man of such brilliant vision such as yourself can right the ship at home rather then worry about this "offshoot cult who dare call themselves Sikh" right?
ਕਰਨ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ
Karan Deep Sagri
Active Forum User

Dear Mr. H S Rai ji,

To not show the Guru Granth Sahib ji in the right Maryada is a cause of concern, I am sure for all Sikhs. We do consider it the Shabad Guru as the 'living' Guru, and there is a Maryada that one has to follow when we are to keep the Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji. If you agree or do not agree is your private affair but as a Sikh one is supposed to follow the same. In case one is lax about it then you can be declared Tankhaiya and the Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji be taken away from you. Simmilarily one can not show the Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji as a mere book therefore this objection by S. Bahart Veer Singh ji.

Hope you appreciate his concern.

Fateh
hsrai wrote:If I am not wrong, you are the same person who is defending India all the time in your posts. The same India which killed more Sikhs then British and moguls combined, and India still has not returned the books which they took from the Golden temple in 1984. Guess what, some of those are very sacred books, and I am sure India is not providing romalas on them, so your time will be spent much better trying to get Sikh books back from your beloved India. Whatever problems so called “white Sikhs” might have (btw I don’t see any problems), is nothing compared to Sikh India apologists. I know it’s going to sound harsh but it is the truth.
ਕਰਨ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ